Brussel Sprout Breakfast Bake
This needs to be your next breakfast bake! I make no secret of my love of a savory breakfast, and when I had extra brussel sprouts leftover this weekend, I decided to put them to delicious use in a savory egg white bake for the week ahead.
- 3 cups of Brussel sprouts, shaved or sliced thin
- .5 cup of onion, finely diced (I used red onion)
- 2 links of your preferred chicken chorizo sausage (I used Brooklyn’s brand, found at Whole Foods)
- 22.5 ounces egg whites
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add brussel sprouts to a ceramic or non-stick pan with cooking spray, salt & pepper. Cook until the sprouts begin to brown (5 minutes or so).
- Add sausage and onion to the pan, continuing to brown the sprouts (4-5 minutes).
- Transfer mixture from pan to 9×13 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray (especially on the sides).
- Add egg whites, salt & pepper.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until egg white are firm.
This is the GORGEOUS result:
I made this into four large portions – 1/4 of the pan! This adds up to 2 Points for the #MyWW Green approach, and 1 Point per portion for the #MyWW Blue and Purple approaches. Nutritional information will vary based on the chicken sausage you use.
What do you think? Would you try this Brussel bake for your next meal prep?